DIY Tags From Fabric and Paper

 


I recently re-opened my Etsy shop after a break of a few years. I gave it a complete revitalization: new name, new look, and new products. When I thought about ordering business cards, they just seemed like an unnecessary expense. Who really keeps business cards anyway? I know I always lose them. What I needed was something to put my shop name on that would be a little less likely to be thrown away. So I made these very simple, very cute little tags to tie on the orders when I send them out.

These tags are made of both fabric and paper; two of my favorite materials to work with. I used things I already had, and I did the lettering by hand. They are so easy to make!

I think tags like these would be perfect for gift tags for a birthday or holiday. Or they could be tied onto napkins like place cards for a special (or everyday) occasion. A scrapbook or journal would also be a great place for them.

Here's how I made them (again, so easy!):

  • I cut rectangles of cardstock about the size of a business card. You could cut them any size you wish. 
  • I cut slightly smaller rectangles of paper that I had dyed with avocado seeds to make that pretty blush pink color. Don't have cardstock or avocado dyed paper? Use whatever you have. Cardboard from a cereal box, the inside of an envelope, a recycled paper bag, really just about any paper will do.
  • I cut a piece of fabric the same size as the cardstock. Don't have fabric? Do you have something in your closet that you never wear that could be re-purposed? Or you could use another type of paper, like an old book or dictionary page, or you could doodle something pretty on a plain piece of paper.
  • I wrote the name of my shop on the avocado dyed paper, and then sewed all of the layers together with my sewing machine, the paper with the name on top, cardstock in the middle, and fabric on the bottom. If you don't have a sewing machine you could sew them together by hand with a needle and thread, or you could just glue them together. 
  • Then I punched a hole at one end with a hole punch. Or you could cut a small hole with a pair of scissors if you don't have a hole punch. 
  • Then tie it to your gift, package, napkin, or whatever, for a very lovely personal handmade touch. It is sure to make the recipient feel special, and just took a few moments of your time!

If you want to check out my Etsy shop, click HERE.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Study With Me: The Connections Method

Hoshiana!

A Fresh Start