Tassel Bookmark DIY


I've been seeing these really big tassels lately, on Pinterest and Etsy, that are designed to clip onto journals and planners, and I really wanted one that I could use in my Bible. So I thought it would be cute to make my own version into a bookmark. That way I could take it out if I wanted, and even use it in a different book or journal.

It was so easy to make! Here's what I did:
I took a bunch of colorful narrow ribbons, lace, fabric scraps, black crochet thread, gray hemp yarn, gold thread, rickrack, and some pretty string, and cut them all close to the same length. You could use any yarn, ribbon, or whatever you have. (If you don't have any, Dollar Tree is a great place to find some.) I didn't measure, I just cut them to about double the length that I wanted the tassel.

Then I measured out a piece of ribbon the length of my Bible plus a little bit extra.
I used this ribbon to tightly tie a knot around the middle of the bunch of strands. Then I slipped a round wooden bead on to hide the knot. This long ribbon forms the part that will be used as a bookmark.

Then I took a different piece of the same ribbon and wound it around about an inch or so from the bead, to form the top of the tassel. I left the end sticking out.

I tied the two ends together in a knot and used a paperclip to shove the knot under the wound-up ribbon to hide it. Then I trimmed the tassel ends evenly and I added two small wooden beads to the ends of the long bookmark ribbon. Done!
It's so cute in my Bible!
I liked it so much that I made three more to put in my Etsy shop. So if you don't want to make one yourself, you can buy one that looks just like mine in my shop Just Sew Dear on Etsy.

If you are interested in how I study my Bible, see my Study With Me series on this blog.

Shalom 🤍






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Study With Me: The Connections Method

Hoshiana!